We are 4 friends, Joanne, Alex, Russell and Chris. Over the coming year we will be working with 2 charities (Health the Gambia, Pageant) to raise £10k for 2 projects in The Gambia. We want your support for our attempt to drive 3,600 miles across deserts, rivers and mountains to meet the people we are helping. Easy you think? Well maybe not...

Monday, January 08, 2007

Tan Tan, so good they named it twice

Hello everybody peoples! I've been to the pub and done the Sunday Times crossword in under 2.5 pints! A notable achievement I'll think you'll agree. Anyway, as much as I know you're fascinated by my lexicographical endeavours you'd probably rather have an IceCold2007 update... The team pulled into Tan Tan in time to catch the end of Deportivo la Corunia vs. Real Madrid on the telly which puts them 850km (530 miles) from Dakhla, tomorrow's (Mon 8 Jan) target. This is a seriously splendid achievement given recent tribulations and puts our intrepid explorers pretty much bang back on target. Huzzah! No mechanical problems to report (I know, weird as it seems, try to remain calm) so fingers crossed we're back on the timetable to triumph tomorrow. How cool is that!? Furthermore, I've been supplied with the names of the magical mechanics from Marrakesh who enabled this miracle: Ishmael, Omar and Mohammed. If you're reading this guys, then the sherberts are on me if you ever find yourselves at a loose end in Coventry. May the Prophet look kindly on your houses, your women and your livestock, Inshallah!
I'm told that an increasing number of people are looking in to this blog: apologies for the nonsense that intersperses the news, but a jolly good day to you all, especially Mrs Fisher Snr (Chris' Mum) who apparently checks this site every day at 6am - that's why I decided to update now rather than in the morning - and Mrs Fisher Jr. (Debbie, Chris' wife), a fellow PBC widow/er; we soldier on regardless; I'm with you sister! sending our best vibes to our partners in the Dark Continent. If any other team relatives/friends/creditors want a mention, leave a comment on the blog or e-mail us and I'll give you a big-up respek shout-out (as I believe the young people call it).
Isn't it fantastic to have both vehicles firing on all cylinders? Makes me feel so much better; but don't stop praying people - long way to go, game of two halves, not over till the fat lady sings etc etc. Until next time pop-pickers, Cheers - Phil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home